We have a vacancy for a Caretaker.
You will be working for Barking & Dagenham CVS at the Ripple Centre, 121–125 Ripple Road, Barking IG11 7FN.
This is a zero hours contract and the rate of pay is £10.85 per hour.
- Manning reception to facilitate the arrival of groups and individuals for meetings and events
- Setting up rooms and the hall, arranging tables and chairs, and clearing away after
- Setting up and putting away equipment
- Unlocking and locking the building, and setting the alarm
- Turning heating and lighting on and off at appropriate times
- Maintaining the grounds and removing litter
- Carrying out minor repairs in the building and grounds
- Understanding fire safety regulations, health and safety regulations, emergency procedures, and rules for evacuating the building
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, and be smart and in appearance. You must be able to work alone and unsupervised, carrying out all duties to the best of your ability.
The closing date for this round of applications is Friday 8 October 2021, 5pm.